Bangladesh Bankhttp://www.bb.org.bd 16236 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Business Network
Bangladesh Bank, the Central Bank, Regulator of Banks & FIs, FOREX Reserve Manager, Currency Management & Payment System Controller of Bangladesh.
Established in 1971, Bangladesh Bank, the Central Bank of Bangladesh, is an apex regulatory body for the country’s monetary and financial system. At present, it has ten offices located at Motijheel, Sadarghat, Chittagong, Khulna, Bogra, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Barisal, Rangpur and Mymensingh in Bangladesh, with total manpower of 5,468 as on June 30, 2014.
Bangladesh Bank performs all the core functions of a typical monetary and financial sector regulator and a number of other non-core functions. Its main objective is to maintain price stability and support broad based inclusive economic growth. The major functional areas of Bangladesh Bank include:
• Formulation and implementation of monetary and credit policies.
• Regulation and supervision of banks and non-bank financial institutions.
• Promotion and development of domestic financial markets.
• Management of the country’s international reserves.
• Issuance of currency notes.
• Regulation and supervision of the payment system.
• Acting as banker to the government.
• Prevention of money laundering.
• Collection and furnishing of credit information.
• Implementation of the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act.
• Managing Deposit Insurance Scheme.
• Promoting financial inclusion.
Other growth supporting activities include promotion of real sector productive activities such as agriculture, SME, green financing and so forth.
Bangladesh Bank, the central bank and apex regulatory body for the country’s monetary and financial system, was established in Dhaka as a body corporate vide the Bangladesh Bank Order, 1972 (P.O. No. 127 of 1972) with effect from 16th December, 1971. At present it has ten offices located at Motijheel, Sadarghat, Chittagong, Khulna, Bogra, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Barisal, Rangpur and Mymensingh in Bangladesh, with total manpower of 5,468 as on June 30, 2014.